THINKING OF VOLUNTEERING?
Volunteering with Crossroads (Worcestershire) can make a huge difference and is also a positive and enjoyable experience. No personal care is involved.
WHY BECOME A CROSSROADS COMPANION?
There is certainly a special sense of achievement by enhancing the quality and enjoyment of another person’s day. You will gain personal confidence and discover your own hidden talents by taking time out of your own day to strengthen another’s.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
• Providing companionship, support and a listening ear.
• Enabling clients to become involved in groups, social projects, day centres etc.
• Taking someone out to a hospital or medical appointment, or perhaps a cup of tea at a garden centre.
• Maybe a walk, shopping or library trip; game of chess or cards at home.
• Perhaps teaching or supporting and enhancing computer skills.
• Promoting Crossroads by helping with fund raising, talks and fun days.
• Offering administrative support within our office.